Temperature logs are a crucial part of your food management system, they ensure your fridges and freezers are running at safe temperatures and your food is safe.
Temperature checks can help to identify any potential hazards, so you can take corrective action (repair equipment, get rid of unsafe food, adjust temperatures etc.) before it becomes a problem.
Fridge and freezer temperature log sheets
The Food Standards Agency recommends that you check and record fridge and freezer temperatures at least once per day. Your fridge should be between 0ºC and 8ºC. And your freezer at around -18ºC.
I know what you’re thinking… not another food safety task to add to the long list of admin and paperwork.
Trail can help you simplify and streamline your food safety checks:
- Digitise all that paperwork. Maintain a complete digital record and cut down on the repetitive data entry. Get simple bite-sized tasks, all in one app.
- Streamline food safety practices. Fridge and freezer temperature logs are woven into your team’s working day so everyone knows what to do and when to do it. Trail can even integrate with the latest fridges to automate readings and save your team time.
- Corrective action. Trail automatically prompts your teams if a temperature is outside the normal range, so you can take corrective actions, so you can fix equipment or throw away contaminated food before it becomes a problem.
- Photographic evidence. Whether it’s a photo to document corrective action or to prove the recordings were taken, mandatory photos help protect your business and you prove the right action was taken.
- Digital audit logs. Accountability made simple. Prove to management and auditors that your team is up-to-date with digital audit logs and report any problems or actions taken.